Thank you for coming by. What brought you here? Do we know each other? In case we don’t, I am Mathias Schulze. The pronunciation is [ma-tee-us], and many simply call me Mat. Yup, I only have one T; there is only one in the long version.
On this site, I have a little bit of information about my professional persona. This is how this site started a few years ago; I simply wanted to have a personal presence on the Internet, which is somewhat independent of a work and professional website. Now, I post the work-related stuff on Panta Rhei, my second blog.
I began this Texterium in 2020. It is like an infinite aquarium for texts. I have always been writing, usually work-related. Here, the texts are personal. Some might be enjoyable for others. Some might be insightful or interesting. If you’d like to know when something new is in the blog, follow it. There is a blue WordPress button on top of the right menu. If you are in WordPress, you know what happens. If you are not, you will get an email. Very occasionally. Thank you. This is important to peeps who blog. Very much appreciated.
I have grouped the texts losely into categories to organize myself and, hopefully, orient you, the reader.
- Just words: I play with them. Sometimes just for fun. And then quite seriously and deliberately. Always to learn something new.
- Just texts: poetry or prose. Often experimenting with form. Me trying out different genres, different styles, different forms, different topics, … often in writing workshops.
- Shaping circles: me making sense of my world. One text at the time.
- Voices: texts from friends. Occasionally, I post someone else’s creative work. If I like it. And they gave me permission.
- Adjacent Stories are a budding fiction book project. I have been posting the occasional draft. Over time, I will add character, scene, and location sketches. I am hoping to be able to write this book in front of your eyes. It keeps changing and shifting because I am learning a lot in the process about writing fiction. One thing remains the same. There is one and the same character in each story somewhere, and he never gets to speak.
Enjoy. I hope. And let me know what you think about any or all of this.
And I spend some time on another blog. We called it Panta Rhei Enterprise. It is the home of non-fictional texts on complexity and change: language, leadership, and learning.
2 thoughts on “Welcome”